I pray you had a wonderful Easter! I was so pleased when I entered the church on Easter morning for the sunrise service. The smell and appearance of the spring flowers adorning the altar was breathtaking.
The altar was beautifully decorated with the Easter Lilies, Tulips, Daffodils and Hyacinths– full of pastels with the white Lilies. Emily Gale, again, put her touch of decorating ambiance for all to enjoy. Thank you, Emily!
The sunrise worship was led by the youth and their sermon was well received through a skit they performed. What a great way to start this special day. Following, the Family Life Center was set for breakfast. Many delighted in the breakfast after worship and others came and supported the youth by arriving to eat prior to the 9:00 worship. A Big “Thank You” to the youth and their families who provided the muffins, fruit and egg casseroles. It was all very delicious!
The Cantata, Easter music selected, and special music along with the Heavenly Bells encompassed the meaning of the Story of the Resurrection. Thank choir and musicians!
The Preschool children colored butterflies for our Easter worship and each flower pot had one attached and the wooded cross in the Narthex was covered with butterflies also. Thank you to the teachers for providing their student’s work to honor the Resurrection!
Pastor Rebecca’s The Creed- Lenten Season Sermons was awesome and worked hand in hand with the Adult Sunday School Classes through Lent. Thank you, Rebecca and Sunday School Leaders!
Some Attendance Stats:
- Ash Wednesday service included 114 to receive ashes and a blessing from Pastor Rebecca.
- Palm Sunday “Cantata” attendance was 245.
- Maundy Thursday service had 62 worshippers who witnessed the stripping of the altar. All left in silence.
- 31 families purchased the altar flowers in memory or honor of loved ones for Easter.
- On Easter morning; a total of 391 people worshipped at Elkhorn Hills. (6:45am Sunrise Service, 9:00am and 10:30am Worship Services)
I hope you find this information about our Easter and Lenten season inspiring and uplifting. After reflecting on this time from Ash Wednesday through Easter morning, I think this has been one of the best Lenten Seasons I have experienced, I pray it was for you too.
God Bless, Cheryl.