Hello Fellow Worshipers of EHUMC! As summer slowly comes to an end, we are all reminded of the new church year which is sneaking upon us here at Elkhorn Hills. I am here today to invite all of you to be a part of the Music Ministries here at EHUMC for this church year and for many years to come!
During the church year (Sept – May), rehearsals are Wednesday nights for both the Chancel Choir and Praise Team. The Chancel Choir rehearses first from 6:30-7:30, and the Praise Team rehearsals follow directly after from 7:30-8:30. There may be a few extra rehearsals for special services which will be announced at a later time.
We will hold a short meeting for both the Chancel Choir and Praise Team on Wednesday, August 20th at 6:30pm for a quick meet and greet and discussion pertaining to rehearsals and services. If you are not able to make the meeting, you can ask me on any Sunday for the information and I would gladly help you out.
Chancel Choir’s first Sunday they will sing for the 9:00 Service will be Sunday, SEPTEMBER 7TH. To properly prepare for that service, our first practice will be Wednesday, August 27th. Praise Team has been singing all summer and will sing as regularly scheduled for the 10:15 services.
Benefits of Choral and Praise singing at EHUMC
- An hour each week away from the rush of daily life and goings-on.
- A diverse repertoire of Choral and Praise Team Music .
- Feeling of satisfaction and achievement.
- Improved Musical Skills can be retained as a life-long hobby and interest.
- Fun rehearsals, making music as a group, make new friends, camaraderie each week.
- “Reserved Seating” in the front of the church.
- Perfect view to watch people who fall asleep during service!
If you have any questions or would like additional information pertaining to the Music Ministries here at EHUMC, please feel free to contact myself or Deb Eidam on Sundays at church, or anytime during the week at the contact information listed below!