Our 10th annual Garage Sale for Missions is in the books, and, as always, thanks go out to many people . . .
To everyone who played a part in this year’s sale, a huge THANK YOU!! What you do makes a difference in the lives of many.
- Thank you who donated items for us to sell.
- Thank you who helped sort, clean, price and display the items.
- Thank you who worked the sale.
- Thank you who purchased items on the pre-sale “members only” night.
- Thank you who helped clean up after the sale.
- Thank you who baked cookies.
- And, to all of you who did many more “behind the scenes” things to make our sale one of the best around, Thank You!
Use of Proceeds
Our 2017 sales total was $8,000. While this amount is slightly less than the past couple of years , it is still a significant amount of money that will help Elkhorn Hills reach its goal of “Sharing the love of Jesus Christ by serving others.”
Some people have asked where the garage sale money goes. All of the profit from the Garage Sale for Missions goes to fund the Missions Committee and their various projects. Just to name a few, the funds raised help support COPE, Youth Emergency Services, NUMB, and Habitat for Humanity. We have provided mission trip scholarships and in the past have helped the church pay our Mission Shares.