MARK YOUR CALENDARS NOW
The annual Elkhorn Hills Winter Youth Retreat is January 18-19, 2019! The theme for the Retreat is “His Reputation, Not Ours.”
Who is Invited?
- Any youth (6th-12th grade) are invited to participate in the weekend retreat.
- 5th grade parents…Your kids are invited to join us for worship on Friday evening and our service project on Saturday.
- Confirmation Class participants are REQUIRED to attend this Retreat as part of their class requirements. We know that kids need to come and go due to sports/band/music schedules, but we have provided a spot for you on the form to let us know their schedule. Parents must sign off on this so that I know the kids are allowed to leave and when they will be coming and going.
- All are invited to worship with us at 7 pm on both Friday and Saturday nights.
During the weekend, the youth participate in several awesome service projects, fun activities, worship and team bonding.
Street Outreach Team at YES — The youth are collecting travel-sized hygiene products, such as toothpaste/toothbrush, men and women’s deodorant, feminine products, shampoos/conditioners, body wash, granola bars. The youth will assemble these items in bags for the Street Outreach Team at YES. There is a box in the Narthex for these donated items.
Enchilada Sales — The youth will be preparing enchiladas on Saturday. Orders may be picked up Saturday night or Sunday morning.
All are invited to come for worship. The worship services will be energetic, inspiring and youth-led. Guest speaker Lynne (Heneghan) Benik will be with us once again to share her faith and an excellent message about following Jesus.
The Youth Praise Band will be providing uplifting music for the worship services.
- Friday evening at 7 pm. The congregation is invited to worship with us.
- Saturday evening at 7 pm. The congregation is invited to worship with us.
- Sunday, January 20th (at 9 am and 10:30 am) will be a Youth-Led Sunday! Guest Speaker Lynne (Heneghan) Benik will give the message.
There is a $25 fee to attend this retreat. ALL REGISTRATIONS MUST BE TURNED IN BY JANUARY 13th. Confirmation class, you are required to attend this retreat.
If you need assistance with the registration costs, please contact Youth Ministries Coordinator Jenny Meyer and we will help you out. We don’t want anyone to miss out on this fantastic weekend!
We know that kids may have activities they have to come and go for, but there is a spot for you to complete and turn in with your registration form so we can keep track of everyone.
We are in need of chaperones to help in the following areas:
- Friday Night Overnight Chaperones (one male; one female)
- Friday Night Small Group Leaders (Adults or College Students)
- Saturday morning Chaperones/Drivers
- Saturday afternoon Chaperones (preparing the enchilada orders).
- Parent to Chair the Food Committee to line up our snacks and meals for the weekend.
If you are able to help out in any of these areas, or any questions please contact Jenny Meyer.
Tentative Weekend Schedule
- 6:00 pm Check-In (Dinner is on your own. Please eat before you arrive)
- 6:15-6:45 pm Free-Time/Icebreakers/Set Up Sleeping Area
- 7:00 pm Worship and Music
- 7:45 (approx.) Small Groups
- 8:30 Snacks and Movie
- 11:30 pm Lights out
- 6:30-7:30 am Rise and Shine – Breakfast/Clean Up
- 8:00 am Begin Mission Project
- 9 am-1 pm Volunteering Project
- 1:30 pm (approx.) Sack lunches
- 2:00-5:00 pm Second Mission Project
- 5:30 pm Spaghetti Dinner/Clean up the church
- 7:00 pm Small Group Sharing/Worship and Music led by Lynne (Heneghan) Benik and the Youth Praise Band. Communion.
The Youth and Youth Praise Band will be leading both worship services (9 am and 10:30 am) on Sunday, January 20th.
- Ushers (4)
- Greeters (2)
- Scripture Reader
- Opening Prayer
- Children’s Sermon.