MARK YOUR CALENDARS NOW FOR THE YOUTH WINTER RETREAT – January 19-20, 2018!
This Retreat is for ALL youth (6th-12th grade). A special invitation is being sent to the 5th grade parents. Your kids are invited to join us for worship on Friday evening and our service project on Saturday.
Lynne (Heneghan) Benik will be with us once again to share her faith and an excellent message about Following Jesus. The Youth Praise Band will be providing uplifting music for our weekend and there will be awesome service projects for us to go out and do as a group.
The congregation is invited to worship with us on Friday and Saturday evenings. The Youth Praise Band will be providing uplifting music for the worship services.
Sunday, January 21st will be a Youth-Led Sunday! Guest Speaker Lynne (Heneghan) Benik will give the message.
There is a $25 fee to attend this retreat. Note the deadline for returning completed registration forms! Confirmation class, you are required to attend this retreat.
If you need assistance with the registration costs, please contact Youth Ministries Coordinator Jenny Meyer and we will help you out. We don’t want anyone to miss out on this fantastic weekend!
We know that kids may have activities they have to come and go for, but there is a spot for you to complete and turn in with your registration form so we can keep track of everyone.
Chaperones are needed, as well as a committee to provide food for the weekend. We are in need of chaperones to help in the following areas:
- Friday Night Overnight Chaperones
- Friday Night Small Group Leaders (Adults or College Students)
- Saturday morning Chaperones
- Saturday afternoon Chaperones
If you are able to help out in any of these areas, please contact Jenny Meyer.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Jenny.
Tentative Weekend Schedule
- 6:00 pm Check-In (Dinner is on your own. Please eat before you arrive)
- 6:15-6:45 pm Free-Time/Icebreakers/Set Up Sleeping Area
- 7:00 pm Worship and Music
- 7:45 (approx.) Small Groups
- 8:30 Snacks and Movie
- 11:30 pm Lights out
- 6:30-7:30 am Rise and Shine – Breakfast/Clean Up
- 8:00 am Begin Mission Project
- 9 am-1 pm Volunteering Project
- 1:30 pm (approx.) Sack lunches
- 2:00-5:00 pm Second Mission Project
- 5:30 pm Spaghetti Dinner/Clean up the church
- 7:00 pm Small Group Sharing/Worship and Music led by Lynne (Heneghan) Benik and the Youth Praise Band. Communion.