Join us for Summer Sunday school beginning June 9 through August 11 at 9:30 am (during the worship service *** note special summer worship time). The children will meet in the Preschool Sunday School room/choir room for a one group class again.
The theme will be It’s All Abut The Candy! In these fun lessons based on candy, kids will learn life lessons about worldly temptations, growing in Christ, and living for God.
“How sweet are your words to my taste, sweeter than honey to my mouth!”Psalm 119:103
About “… The Candy” Sunday School Lessons
Here are some of the Bible lessons we will talk about . . .
- Nothing on this Earth can make them happy for very long. Only Jesus can give eternal joy.
- Some things that seem sweet will turn sour on us because they are not God’s plan for us. Kids will learn the story of the Israelites trying to take the Promised Land after God said no.
- They can’t cover up their sin, but they need to confess it and let Jesus make them new.
- Put their faith on a firm foundation, not one that fades away, from the parable of the wise and foolish builders.
- How challenges in life help to stretch and shape us into the people God wants us to be through the story of Joseph.
- The virtue of patience (sucking on a hard candy to make it last vs chomping) from the story of Jacob and Rachel.
- God created us all different but yet he wants us to work together in unity through the story of the early church.
- We all have a favorite candy bar, but no one would ever get angry with someone else because their favorite is different than ours. Kids will learn the importance of treating others with respect, even when they disagree with you.
Volunteer to Teach
Children’s Ministries Director Ashley Bossert is looking for volunteers to teach the Sunday school lessons. You do not have to teach every week. Please contact Ashley Bossert or Ashley Holtz to sign up. Thank you!