LEADERSHIP LAB FOR HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS! Applications are now open! Use this link to obtain more information and to apply!
Leadership Lab is a gamified Christian Leadership experiment for high school students in the Great Plains Conference. High school students engage in a web of relationships, resourcing, and experiences that culminate in eligibility for a triennial trip to the Holy Land with other students, their mentors, and the key conference leaders. Eligibility is determined by completing the Leadership Lab curriculum.
Requirements for Leadership Lab 2022
- High school student
- Active member in local United Methodist Church
- Sponsored by a leader in their local church – Student must invite mentor to serve in this capacity prior to application
- Completed the application process
- Commitment to attending:
- Annual Opening Retreat (first weekend in August; location TBD; planning for in-person, reserve the right to pivot to virtual if necessary)
- Annual Conference Gathering (date and location TBD; typically end of May/early June)
- Quarterly Regional Team meetings (dates and location TBD together with teammates)
- Regular meetings with local mentor (dates and location TBD together with mentor)
- Commitment to complete Leadership Lab curriculum
Holy Land Trip TBD. Projected Year: 2024
Please talk to Jenny Meyer if you have any questions.