It’s that time again . . . the annual Elkhorn Hills All Church Garage Sale for Missions! This is the tenth year of the sale. The community benefits from the low cost of clothing, furniture, household items, yard tools, etc. Our church family benefits from the camaraderie and fellowship involved in the entire garage sale process. Local Mission Projects, like COPE and Habitat for Humanity benefit from the sale proceeds.
Sandy Lozier has graciously agreed to head the garage sale again. (Thank you, Sandy!) Contact her with any questions or if you need help with donations by email at: email@example.com
The sale days will be as follows:
- Thursday, August 17th, 8-5 pm
- Friday, August 18th, 8-4 pm
- Saturday, August 19th, 8 – noon.
Saturday is the big mark-down day from 10 to noon. The sale ends at noon with all remaining items being donated to the Open Door Mission store.
We need lots of volunteers to assist with the sorting before, the sales during, and the send-off afterward. See the sign up board in the narthex or contact Sandy Lozier to help.
Donations can be dropped off in the Family Life Center beginning in August (look for the exact dates). If you have a truck and some muscles, we could use your help moving the donated furniture items from Dino’s Storage. Please contact Sandy Lozier for any questions.
Suggested items to donate include:
- Children’s toys (Fisher Price, Little Tykes, etc.)
- Sporting Goods
- Household Goods
- Small Appliances (microwaves, mixers, etc.)
- Holiday Decor
- Linens (comforters, bed spreads, etc.)
- Clothing (adult and child – in good condition)
- Home improvement items (doors, windows, cabinet hardware, lighting fixtures, floor tiles other building materials in good condition) If unsold, it will be donated to Habitat Restore.
We cannot accept: child safety items such as car seats or baby cribs. We are also unable to accept large appliances such as washers & dryers & the older “tube” type TVs.
If you have an item to donate but need help getting it to church, please call the church office (289-4764) so arrangements can be made to pick it up.