As we celebrate the 150th anniversary of United Methodist Women, response magazine has featured comic-style illustrations of our legacy.
This nine-page comic book highlights the “Amazing Adventures of Methodist Women in Mission” and celebrates the 150-year history of United Methodist Women. The book is a compilation of cartoons featured in Response magazine, May 18-20.
It includes stories about: The Founding of United Methodist Women, Isabella Thoburn, Mary Scranton, The founding of response magazine, The First Assembly, Theressa Hoover, Countering Hate Speech, and United Methodist Women Members.
United Methodist Women continues the legacy of our foremothers by putting faith, hope and love into action for women, children and youth around the world. Celebrate our 150th anniversary at Assembly 2018, umwassembly.org, and support mission for another 150 years and beyond with the Legacy Fund: unitedmethodistwomen.org/legacy.
The Amazing Adventures of Methodist Women in Mission
The Power of BOLD! A compilation of comics featured in recent issues of response magazine.
Click here to read the flip book at www.unitedmethodistwomen.org/responsecomic.
response, an award-winning publication, is the official magazine of United Methodist Women and is published by the national office. Each issue will touch your heart, stir your soul, and challenge your mind. Topics and issues cover spiritual growth, mission outreach and reports on our local, national and international work.
response features include:
- Bible studies
- opportunities for spiritual growth and development
- program suggestions
- articles on where the Pledge to Mission money goes
- regular features such as “Bright Lights” and “Responsively Yours”
response helps United Methodist Women reach out to:
- New and potential members of United Methodist Women
- Every woman in your church who shares our commitment to mission and welfare of women, youth, and children
- High school and college students, especially the young women in your congregation
- Sunday school teachers who can share response mission stories with all ages
- Leaders in your congregation, including your pastor, who will appreciate knowing more about the women’s role in your church’s mission outreach
- Your friends and neighbors in other faith communities who share our passion for children and youth and for social justice
Click here to Subscribe today for yourself or as a gift.