Thank you to the more than two dozen youth and families from Elkhorn Hills United Methodist Church who helped with Christmas in South O on Saturday, December 19th! What a fun and rewarding way to spend the afternoon. During Christmas in South O, Heartland Hope Mission will provide toys to approximately 1,200 children. In addition, families were provided with a turkey or ham, a sack filled with other meal necessities, wrapping paper and bows, and had fun activities for families and children.
Youth Director Jenny Louis coordinated our volunteer group who headed to Heartland Hope Mission on 20th and U Street for the afternoon of service. Our volunteers and dozens of others were divided into groups and spread out throughout the facility doing all kinds of fun jobs.
- Blue Team – Outside Security and Parking Attendant, Front Door Check-in, Outside Car loading
- Red Team – Toy Distributor with assistant, Toy Check-in, Ticket Receiver, Hand Stamps
- Yellow Team – Stocking Stuffers, Blanket, wrapping paper and book Distributor, Holiday Meats
- Green Team – Bounce house check-in and shoe station, Game operator and prize distribution, Cookie Station
- Purple Team – Photo Booth Assistant, Face Paint, Balloon Animal helper, Tattoo Station
Volunteers mingled during a snack break with drinks and light snacks. Volunteers from Elkhorn Hills UMC included: Elly Beeson, John Beeson, Lena Beeson, Tom Beeson, Ben Fink, Emily Fink, JD Fink, Jon Fink, Seth Fink, Tami Fink, Angela Heckens, Brett Heckens, Kaleb Heckens, Karissa Heckens, Bailey Klanderud, Brenda Klanderud, Darla Langendorfer, Jenny Louis, Caitlyn McBeth, Heather McBeth, Jackson Morgan, Kailey Roberg, Karen Roberg, Lindsey Roberg, Gretchen Robinson, Nathaniel Robinson, and Jim Witte.