Please join us! Elkhorn Hills UMC has a strong Adult Ministry Program. Find the class for you and get involved!
Adult Sunday School Classes – begins Sept. 13th
- The GRACE Adult Sunday School class is a fun, active group that enjoys fellowship and community service. They meet in the classroom down the hall from the office. Please join us for our Welcome Brunch on September 13th, the first day of Sunday School. Their study for September is “God is NOT Dead.” Contact Lena Beeson: email@example.com; or cell 402-319-2071.
- The Breakfast Club Adult Sunday School class meets in the Conference Room and offers in-depth studies with discussions designed to deepen our Christian faith. This adult ministries class is open to those 18 years and over. Visitors are welcome at any time. They will begin the Fall session by studying Modern Parables, which is an original film-based Bible study series on Jesus’ parables. It uses short films combined with teaching by pastors and in-depth study materials to create an entirely new learning experience.
Disciple Classes – begins Sept. 13th and Sept. 22nd
- Disciple 1 class will be led by Pastor Bruce Davis and conducted at St. Andrews UMC on Sunday evenings from 5-6:30 pm. Child care will be provided. Reservations are needed to order books. Call Elkhorn Hills or St. Andrews to register. (The Foundational Overview. The first Disciple Bible Study serves as the basis for all other studies in the Disciple family that follow. In the course of 34 weeks, Disciple covers the entire Bible (Old and New Testaments) following the biblical story from Creation to the New Jerusalem.)
- Disciple 2 class will be led by Pastor Nancy Davis and conducted at Elkhorn Hills UMC. Reservations are needed to order books. Sign up on the office window. There are two times for this class: Sunday evenings from 5-6:30 pm beginning September 13th and Tuesday morning from 11-12:30 beginning September 22nd. Child care will be offered on Sunday evening at Elkhorn Hills. (This 32-week study offers a deeper examination of Genesis, Exodus, Luke and Acts, emphasizing the rhythm of coming to God and going for God . . . approaching all experiences of life as opportunities for faithful witness and service.)
Financial Peace University – begins Sept. 27th
- This class will be offered at 5:30 pm Sunday evenings beginning Sept. 27th with Brett Ritter as facilitator. Child care will be offered.
Wednesday Night Bible Studies — begins Sept. 9th
- “Discussions of Paul and Peter” will continue beginning Sept. 9th at 6:30 pm. RC Hoover leads this class, which meets in the GRACE Classroom. (At the end of the hall from the church office.)
- The Wednesday Night Ladies Group, which meets in the Conference Room, will study “The Storm Inside.” In Sheila Walsh’s book, The Storm Inside, she lets women know that they can grow in the midst of their everyday storms, no matter how they may feel. Constantly teetering between daily chaos and life-changing crisis, women often feel storms brewing, are in the middle of a storm, or are facing the aftermath of a storm. Through Scripture and the sharing of personal stories, Sheila shows how heartbreak can become strength, shame lead to love, restoration undo rage, and courage overcome insignificance.
Adult Education Committee
This committee meets monthly and helps plan all adult christian education programs for Elkhorn Hills UMC. Input is appreciated and you may join at any time. Contact Chairman Bonnita Sherburne for more information about this committee.
Social Groups/Small Groups
There are many social groups and small groups at Elkhorn Hills UMC. Review the monthly newsletters for information about these groups. Here are some of the groups available for you.
- United Methodist Men – The men gather for breakfast and fellowship the 2nd Saturday of the month at 8 am in the Conference Room. The men take turns in preparing and serving breakfast. There is also a devotional session, and, occasionally, some coordinated mission work around the church afterwards.
- Dining Out – We meet up once a month for dinner at different area restaurants. We have separate checks. Sign up on the office window.
- Knit and Sew –We meet at the church on the 3rd Friday of the month, 9:30 am -11:30 am. For more information, contact Jan Heliker.
- Ladies Book Club –Meets the first Monday of the month at Scooters in Elkhorn at 6:30 pm. The September Book is “Love Does” by Bob Goff.
- Ladies Lunch Bunch — We lunch together on the last Wednesday of the month. All ladies are welcome. Location varies.
- Wednesday Morning Fellowship – Come enjoy laughter, treats, and uplifting conversation with us! We meet at 10 am the first Wednesday of the month at the Donut Professor on 204th and Dodge (behind Arby’s).
- Elkhorn Hills Prays — We meet the first Wednesday of every month in the Grace classroom at 9 am. We have a short devotion and pray for our church.