This was a special worship service honoring our graduating seniors, welcoming new members to our congregation, and baptizing two babies! Thanks to Kaleb and Karissa Heckens who shared a special musical message with our congregation to honor the graduates.
“Brothers and Sisters in Christ: Through the Sacrament of Baptism we are initiated into Christ’s holy church. We are incorporated into God’s mighty acts of salvation and given new birth through water and the Spirit. All this is God’s gift, offered to us without price.”
Congratulations to the families of Xavier James Castle and Lila Grace McIlwain.
Congratulations to all the 2017 graduates! The high school graduates and their families were treated to a special breakfast prior to the service. During the service, a special video was shown of the graduates along with letters from their families.
“Commit everything you do to the Lord. Trust Him, and He will help you.” (Psalm 37:5)
Elkhorn South High School
- Kadi Carleton will be attending the University of Nebraska at Lincoln and majoring in Philosophy. Kadi has been active in our youth program and just concluded her term as co-chair of the youth council. We will miss you, Kadi!
- Joshua Landers
Elkhorn High School
- Haydn Muir will be attending the University of Nebraska at Lincoln majoring in pre-dentistry and is enrolled in the ROTC Air Force program.
- Kaylee Schutte will be attending University of Nebraska, Kearney, majoring in Education and playing softball.
- Abby Trapp will be attending the University of Nebraska at Omaha and will be studying Nursing.
Millard North High School
- Julia Paul will attending the University of Iowa to study pre-dentistry/biochemistry major with a minor in Spanish.
- Delaney Zimmerman will be attending the University of Nebraska – Lincoln.
“The steps of the godly are directed by the Lord. He delights in every detail of their lives.” (Psalm 37:23)
United States Naval Academy
Logan Fraser majored in Quantitative Economics at the US Naval Academy and will graduate on May 26th, 2017. He will be commissioned as a 2nd Lieutenant in the United States Marine Corps. Logan received his first choice for Service Selection–Marine Pilot. In August, Logan will report to Quantico, VA, for Marine Basic School for 6 months, then he will go to Pensacola, FL, for flight school for approximately 2 years. During that time, he will learn what platform he will fly. While he is hoping to fly the F-35, Logan is “just happy to be a Marine Pilot.” Logan is grateful for all of you who have kept him in your prayers throughout his 4 years at the Naval Academy, and hopes you will continue to pray for him as he serves our country in the United States Marine Corps.
Logan is a lifelong member of Elkhorn Hills United Methodist Church, having been baptized and confirmed at EHUMC. He graduated from Elkhorn High School in 2013, and received an appointment to The United States Naval Academy.
University of Nebraska – Omaha
University of Indiana
“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you…plans to give you hope and a future.” (Jeremiah 29:11)