Avoid Fraud Risk — Use Scrip Gift Cards!
What is Scrip?
Scrip is Fundraising While You Shop®. Scrip turns everyday shopping into cash for our church when families use retail gift cards to pay for everyday purchases (like gas and groceries) instead of the usual credit/debit card or other money. The Missions Committee uses the funds to assist in paying our mission shares each year.
How It Works
The Scrip Program is very simple to use. Basically, here is what happens:
- Church members purchase gifts cards through the scrip program at face value.
- Gift cards are available from over 400 national retail stores–where members already shop.
- Our church buys the gift cards at 1-13% discount (less than face value). The discount amount varies by retailer.
- The difference between face value and the discounted rate equals the church’s earnings (fundraising).
- In 2013, the church raised $2,000 for mission shares with only 15 regular program users. The more people who participate, the more money the church raises.
Here’s an Example
Mrs. Smith needs some gardening supplies, so she buys a $100 The Home Depot® gift card for $100 through her church. She just earned $4 for the church because The Home Depot gift cards are available from Great Lakes Scrip Center at 4% less than face value. When Mrs. Smith checks out at The Home Depot, she pays with her gift card instead of using a credit or debit card! She will do the same thing when she needs cleaning supplies at Target®, and earn $2.50 just by using a $100 Target GiftCard to pay for her purchases.
Top Family Benefits of Using Scrip Cards
- No unnecessary spending! Families use Scrip gift cards for regular purchases like groceries, gas, gifts, and other household expenses at stores they already frequent.
- Shop in-store or online with participating retailers.
- By using the gift cards at checkout, you avoid any fraud risk that you might incur if using a credit/debit card.
- Scrip program earnings are much greater than credit card rewards.
How to Order Scrip Cards
You can place orders in person or online.
- In Person: On Sunday morning, go to the Scrip table in the narthex after at 10 am.
- Purchase cards from our Scrip representative from our on-hand selection.
- Or, place an order, including payment, for pick up the following week.
Orders can also be placed online.
- To place an order online, go to www.shopwithscrip.com and create an account. (The enrollment code is: 17L1BAL416293.)
- Once your account is set up, you can select from the available gift cards and save the ones you’ll use most often to your favorites.
- When you’re ready to order, add the gift card(s) to your cart and submit your order.
- Print out a copy of your order and bring it with you to church on Sunday, along with your payment, and hand it in.
- The following Sunday, your cards will be ready for pick up!
If you have any further questions or comments, please contact:
• SCRIP Program Administrator: Lori Hullinger at email@example.com, or
• Main Office: firstname.lastname@example.org, (402)289-4764